Sunday, August 28, 2011

No Food Blog


There is something about the art of making pupusas that is beyond my grasp.
In case you don't know what they are. It's a El Salvadorian dish. They're are like stuffed totillas.
My fav are the kind stuffed with beans and cheese.
My mom knows how to make them, when I was making them with her they came out great when
I tried to make them by myself disaster, heavy on the dis. They somehow ended up drying out and not cooking on all parts. I don't understand what happened, I really thought I knew how to make them.
Alas I am not a natural in the kitchen.
Want to know what else happened this week? I burnt water. I was making tea. I was boiling it in a pot because my boo thinks it taste better that way and I forgot about it and all the water evaporated. The place smelled like burnt tea. Who knew that could happen? And this happened twice!


I know one thing for sure I will not be writing a food blog.

2 comments:

  1. I am a horrible cook as well. I've been working on it, and I can successfully make one dish without major disasters but I usually leave cooking to my husband.

    ReplyDelete