Monday, August 22, 2011

I Walk In LA and I Hate It

Hi this is my first official blog post.


I signed up for a blog yesterday. Oi typical me I sign up for a blog and don't set it up or post anything until the next day. I'm such a procrastinator, I really hate that about me sometimes. That's something I want to work on. Another thing I want to work on is driving. I live in LA and I can't drive. Trust me it sucks, there's even a song called Nobody Walks In LA. I feel life half my life is wasted because I have to take public transportation. By the end of 2012 I want to be able to drive, I would say 2011 but that seems like so little time. I'm going to be nice and give myself some time. I'm posting it in hopes that writing this where people can see will help me actually stick to this goal. Okay I have no money for a car but I'll get to that later. First things first learn to drive.


Why don't I know already you ask. Well it all started when I was first learning to drive. I got a call for a job interview in Santa Monica. I was home alone so I couldn't get a ride from my mom. I decided to be bold and take the car even though it was a 30 minute drive. The going wasn't so bad, I was nervous but I made it there without incident. Parking was horrendeous not because I couldn't find any but because I was horrible. I think I spent hours trying to park. Still that is not what caused me to have  a  fear of driving. On my way back, it had gotten dark (not good) that made me really nervous, I made it almost home and then about a block away from my house, I side swiped a white van, I scratched the van and broke the mirror off my car. That traumatized me from then on I've been afraid I'll get into an accident while driving. I'm not even afraid I'll get seriously hurt, nothing happened to me and no one was in the van and it just got a scratch. My real fear is of being sued for hitting another car. Isn't that a statement about our times that I don't fear death in a car crash just a lawsuit. It's either a statement of our times or of me and I'm not sure what it says about me.


What I do know is I need to get over my fear to have a better life. So by the end of  2012 I will have a driver's licence.


P.S. I didn't get the job.

2 comments:

  1. This is what life is about, we make mistakes and get hurt. But the most important thing is to get back up and try again. Don't let fear of the unknown stop you from living life! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think it's a statement about our times. It's hard to do anything anymore without the possibility of getting sued. My brother & his wife live across the road from us here in Southern West Virginia. We can't even let my niece & nephew play on all the play equipment in our yard, we have swing sets, roller coasters, bikes, trampoline, a pool, all kind of sports stuff etc. and they have very little in their yard for the kids. But we still can't let them play here because my brother & his wife are sue happy, they just won a lawsuit and got a settlement and they have another pending and have been threatening to sue our Daddy as well. So if one of the kids gets hurt on our property they will sue.

    A lot of people are like that anymore, and it's so sad!

    Good luck with your goal, and I hope you can get over your fear of driving and learn to drive. I also hope that you can save up to get a car by the end of 2012! I look forward to reading your blog and hearing about your progress.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday also.

    ReplyDelete